1. YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW WE USE IT.
1.1 Warranty Disclaimers.
PII may be collected when you access our Website, make inquiries, complete purchases, or sign up for our catalogues.
PII collected may include your name, address, e-mail address, payment information, and location.
In general, HAWKERS uses PII internally to:
- Manage purchases made through the Website.
- Respond to inquiries or requests made through the Website.
- Send promotional communications and updates related to companies of the Hawkers Group and other companies with which it colaborates.
- Create a profile of you, and send you targeted communications based on such profile.
- Analyze PII to assess your tastes and preferences.
- Conduct statistical analysis, such as to estimate our audience size, measure aggregate traffic patterns, and understand customer interest and other trends among our users.
- Communicate PII to third companies in order to allow them to inform you about their products and services.
- Communicate PII to Hawkers Group companies in order to allow them to send you and inform you about products and services.
- Send you promotional communications via Whatsapp.
1.2.1 For Commercial Purposes.
We may share your PII with our affiliated companies, so that they can send you communications related to their products.
We may also share your PII with companies with whom HAWKERS is working for promotional purposes, so that they can send you communications regarding such promotions.
HAWKERS uses PII to further its business. To do so, HAWKERS may share it with our staff and service providers that we engage to perform services in connection with the operation of our business. Examples include payment processing and authorization, order fulfillment and shipping, marketing, public relations and promotional material distribution, surveys, sweepstakes and contest administration, evaluation of our Website, and data analysis.
HAWKERS does not otherwise share PII for commercial purposes, unless you have consented, for example at the time of collection.
When we share PII for commercial purposes, we do so only if the recipient undertakes to exercise care to safeguard the PII equivalent to that which we exercise.
1.2.2 As Required By Law; For Protection
HAWKERS may disclose PII or aggregate information:
- to anyone to whom we are required to do so by law, including compliance with legal process served on us; or
- to anyone, when such action is necessary or desirable to:
- protect or defend our legal rights and property, or those of our users; or,
- protect the health and safety of our users, staff, service providers, or the general public.
1.3 Business Transfers.
Information about our users, customers, Website, and products is one of our most important business assets. Such information, including PII, may be disclosed in furtherance of any merger or acquisition, creation of a separate business, or the sale or pledge of our assets as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which PII may be transferred as a business asset.
1.4 Data Storage.
When HAWKERS in its discretion deems retention of PII is no longer needed, we may shred, erase, destroy, or otherwise modify it, in whole or in part.
PII shared with our service providers may be stored on their systems.
The secure storage of PII is of great concern to us. HAWKERS exercises care in transmitting your information. Only individuals at HAWKERS or acting on HAWKERS’ behalf are authorized to have access to your PII. Any of our staff who violates our privacy and/or security policies is subject to disciplinary action, including possible termination and civil and/or criminal prosecution.
1.6 Automatically-Collected Information.
HAWKERS automatically receives certain types of information whenever you interact with our Website. For example, when you visit our Website, our systems may automatically collect your IP address and the type of browser you use. Information may be automatically collected through the use of “cookies.” We may also collect information about your browsing behavior, such as IP address information, entry and exit points for our Website, page views, and impressions. This information may be used to help analyze Website traffic or improve our goods and services.
1.7 Automatically-Collected Information.
To make our Website work properly, HAWKERS sometimes places small data files called cookies on your device. Cookies are small text files that a website saves to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. They enable the website to remember your actions and preferences over a period of time.
1.8 Automatically-Collected Information.
1.9 Automatically-Collected Information.
Our Website does not respond to browser-based, Do Not Track requests or signals. However, we do not permit third parties to collect a visitor’s PII while a visitor is on our Website.
2. YOUR CONTROLS AND CHOICES.
2.1 Controls and Choices.
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your PII. These controls and choices include:
- requesting access to PII we hold about you and that we rectify, amend, or delete it;
- changing your choices for subscriptions, newsletters and alerts;
- updating your preferences as to whether or not you wish to receive offers and promotions from us for our products, or products that we think may be of interest to you; and
- updating your preferences as to whether or not to receive targeted advertising from many ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers, which you can do by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance.
To exercise these rights, you may contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2.2 Your Privacy Rights.
If you have provided PII to obtain products or services for personal, family or household use, you may request from us, once a calendar year, information about your PII that we shared, if any, with third-parties and businesses for their own direct marketing uses. Such information would be the categories of relevant PII and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared such PII for the immediately prior calendar year, e.g., a request made in 2018 will receive information regarding 2017 sharing activities. If you wish to obtain this information, you may e-mail email@example.com with “Request for Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you by reply to the e-mail address from which you sent the request. Not all information sharing is covered by this requirement, and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response. If you prefer to receive such information via regular first-class mail, please include such request in your email. We will not accept requests via telephone or facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled properly, delivered properly, or that do not have the complete information as here specified.
If you have previously provided an e-mail address to receive e-mail and would like to be removed from the list, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, you may opt out of receiving e-mails by clicking on “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any e-mail you receive from us. It may take some time for your request to opt out to go into effect, so you may still receive e-mails from HAWKERS for several weeks after your request is received.
4. CHILDREN´S PRIVACY.
Our Website is not intended for use by individuals at least age 13. HAWKERS does not knowingly collect PII from children under age 13. If a child under age 13 has provided us an e-mail or physical address, the child’s parent or legal guardian may remove that child from our mailing lists by contacting us at: email@example.com. We will use commercially-reasonable efforts to delete such information from our existing files.
HAWKERS reserves the right to modify, amend, or otherwise change this Policy, in whole or in part, at any time and at our sole discretion. Updates to this Policy will be posted on this webpage, and you agree that the posting of each update as such is sufficient notification to inform you of all changes included in the applicable update. We will use information in accordance with the most current version of this Policy. You are encouraged to print or download a copy of this document for your records.
6. CONTACT US.
If You have questions, concerns, or comments about your privacy rights, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.